About the charity
Our mission is to build hope, enable lasting change, and end homelessness for people in East London. We are here to help people in our local community to build their new beginnings, by:
Providing a safe place - to make sure that people experiencing homelessness have somewhere safe to stay as they begin to rebuild their lives
Offering support - to encourage and enable people to build a better future for themselves, through the provision of personalised support, educational and life skills opportunities
Building resilience – to build networks of support, and empower people to navigate services with confidence and be a proactive member of their community outside of and beyond life at Caritas Anchor House.
We are going through an exciting period of change and growth, having recently launched an ambitious strategic plan, with goals including having a positive impact on the lives of more people experiencing homelessness than ever before.
About the role
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 per annum
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, rotating shift pattern from Monday to Sunday.
Location: Canning Town in Newham, London
This role provides a high quality first point of contact for residents and other callers contacting or visiting the organisation, dealing with a broad range of housing management, property maintenance and repairs enquiries, providing accurate and timely information and documentation when needed.
This role will also assist colleagues in providing an efficient and responsive service to residents and visitors, providing administrative support, and creating or maintaining records as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide a professional and friendly reception service to visitors, dealing with enquiries and preparing refreshments for visitors as appropriate.
- To sign post and or book appointments for residents to meet up with their keyworkers if query is to do with their support.
- To assist the welcome team when required to answer and deal with telephone and e-mail enquiries; filtering and passing telephone calls and e-mails through to colleagues as appropriate
- To maintain and update central records, including on formal complaints, antisocial behaviour reports, waiting list applications, response times to correspondence, and provide performance reports as required.
- To carry out all daily and weekly health and safety checks and report these according to CAH policy and procedure
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- An understanding and experience of working in a customer focused environment
- The ability to take ownership and deliver excellent customer service in a professional and confident manner
- The ability to prepare and present information concisely and clearly and adapt communication for a range of audiences, including the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages
- A positive attitude and ability to look for solutions and opportunities in a changing environment
- Housing qualification or similar, or willing to undertake these qualifications
When applying don't forget to answer the questions in our application process to tell us more about how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience to be successful in this role.
At Caritas Anchor House, we are proud of our inclusive workplace where we celebrate difference, value everyone’s contribution, and where people of all backgrounds and cultures can thrive. We do not accept discrimination or harassment, and all our recruitment decisions are based on fair and open competition, with appointments on merit. We are committed to growing our workplace further by making sure that our teams are as diverse and inclusive as they can be. We welcome applications from everyone and encourage people with lived experience of homelessness, a disability, and from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply. This is to ensure we are taking positive action in order to achieve our legitimate aim of a balanced representation in our teams, at all levels. We want to foster a culture in which everyone is united around our shared mission and values, and in which our people are active participants in our success.
Please note that we only accept applicants with the Right to Work in the UK. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.